Go crazy with a nutritious spud snack ‘Potato mint pear’
Published : 06 Feb 2018, 18:17
Enjoy making and relishing richly mashed and crispy fried snack and make the weekend an event with your loved ones.
Potato is a root vegetable. It is the most common food source used worldwide. It is a very good source of vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin C, potassium, phosphorous, niacin, dietary fibre and pantothenic acid. It lacks cholesterol too.
Boiled potatoes 4
Onions 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic 1 tsp
Bread crums 2 bread pieces
Cornflour paste 1 tbsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water
Refined white flour 1/2 tbsp
Cornflour powder 1/2 tbsp
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Mint leaves 7 – 8 (finely chopped)
Green coriander 7 – 8 leaves (finely chopped)
Salt 1 tsp (levelled)
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Tamarind powder 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for coriander mint sauce
Fresh coriander 100 gms
Fresh mint leaves 50 gms
Salt 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 3 tsp
To make this sauce grind all the ingredients in a grinder and make fine paste.
- Mash boiled potatoes properly.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, crushed garlic, chopped onions, cornflour powder, refined flour and all the spices in it. Mix them well and make a dough.
- Make small round balls.Make a hole in the center and press the edges to give a cup shape.
- Grease the inner walls of cup with the green sauce.
- Make another ball and place it inside the cup.
- Seal it giving a nice shape of a pear gently.
- Dip it in cornflour paste and roll on bread crums.
- Deep fry, air fry or grill it.
- Insert a mint leaf on the top and serve hot with a chilled drink.
Potatoes contain wealth of health benefits that make them more tempting to eat.They fight heart diseases, cancer, control diabetes and strengthen bones.Now get set and go for a different delicious snack and make your weekend special.
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare