Go crazy with a nutritious spud snack ‘Potato mint pear’
Published : 06 Feb 2018, 18:17
Enjoy making and relishing richly mashed and crispy fried snack and make the weekend an event with your loved ones.
Potato is a root vegetable. It is the most common food source used worldwide. It is a very good source of vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin C, potassium, phosphorous, niacin, dietary fibre and pantothenic acid. It lacks cholesterol too.
Boiled potatoes 4
Onions 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic 1 tsp
Bread crums 2 bread pieces
Cornflour paste 1 tbsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water
Refined white flour 1/2 tbsp
Cornflour powder 1/2 tbsp
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Mint leaves 7 – 8 (finely chopped)
Green coriander 7 – 8 leaves (finely chopped)
Salt 1 tsp (levelled)
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Tamarind powder 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for coriander mint sauce
Fresh coriander 100 gms
Fresh mint leaves 50 gms
Salt 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 3 tsp
To make this sauce grind all the ingredients in a grinder and make fine paste.
- Mash boiled potatoes properly.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, crushed garlic, chopped onions, cornflour powder, refined flour and all the spices in it. Mix them well and make a dough.
- Make small round balls.Make a hole in the center and press the edges to give a cup shape.
- Grease the inner walls of cup with the green sauce.
- Make another ball and place it inside the cup.
- Seal it giving a nice shape of a pear gently.
- Dip it in cornflour paste and roll on bread crums.
- Deep fry, air fry or grill it.
- Insert a mint leaf on the top and serve hot with a chilled drink.
Potatoes contain wealth of health benefits that make them more tempting to eat.They fight heart diseases, cancer, control diabetes and strengthen bones.Now get set and go for a different delicious snack and make your weekend special.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting