How to layer perfume to create signature scent
Published : 10 Feb 2018, 15:26
Wearing just one perfume can be boring. Mix and match scents to form your own signature scent.
Ritika Jatin Ahuja and Shikhee Agrawal suggest how:
* You may start with lighter perfumes on clothes and put stronger out on the skin, so even if the perfume evaporates from clothes – inside you remains fragrant.
* Fragrances from a single note or lighter are easy to layer. If you combine different notes from different fragrances, it may lead to a headache. So, layer two or more favorite perfumes to form one.
* You can be creative while mixing your perfumes, but the best way is to stay in the same family such as woody, floral, fresh and citrus as they can gel well with each other.
* Keep in mind that layering different fragrances starts when you take shower as you apply scent body lotions which means layering of just scents can be started with perfumes, deodorants, mists, body lotions. A signature scent can be created when layered after a shower.
* While layering, a certain fragrance would smell differently on the skin and on clothes, so you need to experiment and see what is going well and where.
* To have long-lasting fragrances, apply a good body lotion or fragrant oil before using any perfume.
* How you apply your perfume or mix of scents does matter a lot. Apply scents at different pulse points like neck, elbow or wrists. Also, the easiest way is to apply scent inside your arms for long-lasting fragrance.
* Layer up any two favorite perfumes by mixing one and then the other by pressing on your wrist to form our own signature scent.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting