Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 18:19
Tinder is set to introduce a setting that makes it possible for women to only interact with the men they message first.
In a bid to give more power to women on the platform, dating app Tinder is set to introduce a setting that makes it possible for women to only interact with the men they message first.
“Often, women don’t really want the pressure of kicking off the conversation, but if they want it, that is great,” Mandy Ginsberg, CEO, Match Group Inc., was quoted as saying by website MarketWatch late on Thursday.
Tinder’s parent company Match Group Inc. has said the new option will allow women to choose when to start a conversation but it will not be the default setting as it is in rival app Bumble.
“Giving people the choice versus telling people how to engage is a big difference,” Ginsberg added.
Currently, Tinder allows either men or women to make the first move after a mutual match has been made.
With over three million paid subscribers, this double-opt-in feature has made Tinder one of the most successful dating apps in the market.
It accounted for 30 percent of parent company’s revenue in 2017, according to TechCrunch.
However, Bumble has eaten into Tinder’s territory with its fast-growing app that claims to have over 26 million users.
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation