Special yogurt toast
Published : 05 Mar 2018, 18:16
To enjoy homemade breakfast this weekend, you need not wake up early for its preparation.
So relax to rejuvenate yourself without worrying to spend long tiresome drenched hours in the kitchen to serve a healthy and tasty breakfast for your family. Here is a recipe which you can try in no time with not much effort. It will definitely satisfy everybody’s taste buds and stimulate their health. ‘Yogurt toast’, don’t go by its name. It is a breakfast meal comprising of carbohydrates that will help you sustain your hunger. Also, it is a protein-rich breakfast which is an essential component of a balanced diet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Thick yogurt 1 cup
Bread slices 8 (sides removed)
Chopped onion 3 tbsp
Chopped capsicum 3 tbsp
Chopped tomato 3 tbsp
Thickly grated carrot 3 tbsp
Finely shredded cabbage 3 tbsp
Mustard powder 1 Tsp
Roasted cumin powder 1 Tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Salt To taste
· Hang yogurt for 10 minutes.
· Add all the ingredients in yogurt and mix well.
· Spread this paste on one slice of bread and cover with another slice.
· Toast on a non-stick plate or pan adding little or no butter from both sides until golden brown.
Never skip breakfast to lower your calorie intake. Once you become too hungry, you always end up overeating in lunch. You can have these tangy toasts without a guilt on your breakfast menu. You can use whole grain bread instead of white bread to increase the fiber content in the meal. It will keep you satisfied for a longer time too.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka