Special yogurt toast
Published : 05 Mar 2018, 18:16
To enjoy homemade breakfast this weekend, you need not wake up early for its preparation.
So relax to rejuvenate yourself without worrying to spend long tiresome drenched hours in the kitchen to serve a healthy and tasty breakfast for your family. Here is a recipe which you can try in no time with not much effort. It will definitely satisfy everybody’s taste buds and stimulate their health. ‘Yogurt toast’, don’t go by its name. It is a breakfast meal comprising of carbohydrates that will help you sustain your hunger. Also, it is a protein-rich breakfast which is an essential component of a balanced diet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Thick yogurt 1 cup
Bread slices 8 (sides removed)
Chopped onion 3 tbsp
Chopped capsicum 3 tbsp
Chopped tomato 3 tbsp
Thickly grated carrot 3 tbsp
Finely shredded cabbage 3 tbsp
Mustard powder 1 Tsp
Roasted cumin powder 1 Tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Salt To taste
· Hang yogurt for 10 minutes.
· Add all the ingredients in yogurt and mix well.
· Spread this paste on one slice of bread and cover with another slice.
· Toast on a non-stick plate or pan adding little or no butter from both sides until golden brown.
Never skip breakfast to lower your calorie intake. Once you become too hungry, you always end up overeating in lunch. You can have these tangy toasts without a guilt on your breakfast menu. You can use whole grain bread instead of white bread to increase the fiber content in the meal. It will keep you satisfied for a longer time too.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit