10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
Published : 18 May 2018, 16:05
We know it's that time of the year where you're all looking for tips on how to get ready for Ramadan and planning Ramadan meals.
The holy month comes with its bittersweetness. Stressing about food, gatherings and how on earth you're going to prepare and manage to finish all these meals without complete exhaustion and potential fainting in the kitchen.
So, did you know you can prepare your Ramadan meal beforehand? And save yourself time, energy, sweat, and tears! First of all, you need fridge space... and A LOT of it.
So here is the type of items you can prep beforehand...
1. Tomato Sauce
To prepare that sauce we know you use for pretty much everything in Ramadan, squeeze and sift your fresh tomatoes and prepare on heat and then pack them in plastic bags and stack them in your freezer ready for instant use.
2. Onions & Garlic
Get batches of these seasoning essentials can also be prepped completely by cutting and smashing them ready for packing them in plastic bags and into the freezer.
3. All your drinks
If you're like my family, you like making your Ramadan drinks at home, then you can also get them all ready for just pouring into your cup before Ramadan. Hibiscus, Tamr Hendy andQamar Al-Deen. You can sweeten it and completely finish them and put them in the freezer.
4. All your soup
Soup is the easiest thing to have ready for whenever you need it and it will taste as fresh as you first made it. Cook your soup completely. Mashed soup are the ones you can pre-pack, not anything with vegetable or meat pieces. You can do tomato, mushroom, potato, vegetable and artichoke soup. pack them in plastic bags and you know the rest...onto the freezer.
5. Samosas (Samboosak)
Stuff your Samosas with whatever you like, meat, cheese or spinach and roll them, put in a foam plate and in the freezer ready for frying.
Soft minced meat pastry can also be packed in the freezer but you have to fully cook it. You can replace the meat with veggies or cheese. Cook it in the oven, cut it up and package them into the freezer.
7. Chicken or Meat Scallop
Prep the chicken and meat completely covering it with eggs and crumbs and leave it raw in the fridge just ready for frying when you're ready.
Cook it completely but leave out the tomato sauce step and freeze it.
9.Shish Taouk and Kofta
Spice the meat and get them on skewers and put them raw in the fridge ready to be grilled.
10. All Veggies
You can get all the vegetables you'll be needing, clean them and cut them up if you want and pack them in the fridge so they just need to be cooked.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans