Whole Mushrooms – A Delight You Can’t Resist
Published : 02 Jun 2018, 16:37
Though there are a different version of mushroom preparation, this recipe is mind blowing that will make you desire for more.
Nowadays we all want to add nutritive value to our daily meals having low calories but we still want to make it tasty.
This simple dish gives mushrooms the credit they deserve. Fear not, this impressive subzi only looks like it takes a lot of effort, but it doesn’t. Eating it once, you will certainly desire for more!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Mushrooms 250 grams
Ginger 1” piece (chop lengthwise very fine)
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato puree 6 tbsp
Carom seeds ½ tsp
Kalaunji ¼ tsp
Amchoor ½ tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/4tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Wash mushrooms thoroughly.
Cut the tip of stem and slice it fine.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan.
Add carom seeds and kalaunji. Cook for two to three seconds.
Add green chillies and ginger. Stir for a minute.
Add puree and cook for two-three minutes.
Remove from fire. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, amchoor, sugar, garam masala and salt.
Turn on flame again and cook for a minute.
Add I cup water to get a smooth gravy.
Add whole mushrooms and sliced stems.
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
Add coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you’ve never tried it (and even if you have) this subzi and roti is an unexpected pairing worth exploring.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM