Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
Published : 14 Aug 2018, 18:26
Each time you make this recipe, you marvel at how delicious it is and then on how healthy it is.
This is one of the favourite Chinese-style meatless snack that people of all age groups love to eat. It is a common restaurant dish in China and now in India also. It is delicious, easy-to-make and quite healthy if baked instead of deep frying. Prefer to eat home-made spring rolls with this recipe as restaurant-made are generally fried ones. You need to try this one.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Maida 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour ¼ cup
Olive oil 6 tbsp
Garlic cloves 10
Ginger 1” piece
Cabbage 1 (medium)
Yellow bell pepper ½
Red bell pepper ½
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Soya sauce ½ tbsp.
Vinegar ½ tbsp.
Grate garlic and ginger.
Chop rest of the vegetables fine lengthwise.
Make a tight dough adding whole wheat flour, maida, salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Keep it aside in a closed container for two hours.
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan.
Add garlic-ginger paste and saute for few seconds.
Add onions and saute for a minute.
Add all other vegetables one by one and keep stirring on high-low flame for few minutes or till water left by the veggies dries out.
Add salt, all spices and sauces, mix well and cook for few more minutes.
Turn off flame and let it cool at room temperature.
Make small balls out of wheat-maida dough.
Roll it round like chapatti.
Put the vegetable stuffing in the centre lengthwise from top to bottom.
Make a thick paste adding one tablespoon of maida with two tablespoons of water. Apply this paste on the boundary of chapatti.
Roll the roti gently like a spring roll sealing the edges.
Coat all rolls with olive oil.
Preheat air fryer at 200 degrees for five minutes.
Place all spring rolls in air fryer. Don’t overlap one on another.
Bake them till golden brown.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Your experiment will surely turn out into a brilliant dish that you will make over and over again.
Each time you make this recipe, you marvel at how delicious it is and then on how healthy it is and that you need to tell more people about it.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue