The REAL Reason Why A Hot Sex Life Makes You So Much Happier
Can you feel the love tonight?
Published : 05 Mar 2017, 21:54
Okay, so it's not exactly shocking to hear that having sex on the regular can make you feel like a baller, but researchers wanted to pinpoint why, exactly, frequent sex provides such a sense of well-being.
So a group of University of Toronto researchers set out to do just that by conducting a few different experiments published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
In the first experiment, the researchers recruited 335 Americans online and quizzed them about their relationships, how often they had sex, how happy they were, and how often they kissed or cuddled with their partners. Researchers then repeated the experiment with 74 couples from San Francisco. While both sex and frequency of touch were linked to increased life satisfaction, the researchers concluded that it was really the affection—not the sex—that explained the feel-good vibes experienced by people who get it on more often.
Next, the researchers asked 106 Swiss couples to keep diaries and found that the more the couple had sex over a 10-day period, the happier their relationship satisfaction was. A follow-up study found that those same couples were more likely to report “experiences of affection” several hours after having sex, not just in the immediate aftermath. (Mix things up with this 20 Function Bullet Vibrator from the Women's Health Boutique.)
One caveat: As Science of Us points out, because the study relied heavily on surveys and participant diaries, it’s hard to actually determine what’s actually responsible for the feelings of happiness sex provides (i.e. is it your overall well-being? The sex? The cuddling? Which came first?). Still, if nothing else, this study just reinforces what most people already know: Sex and cuddling aren't just fun—they're actually healthy for you.
The article Having Sex Once a Week Is the Equivalent of a $50,000 Raise originally appeared on Men’s Health.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry