The REAL Reason Why A Hot Sex Life Makes You So Much Happier
Can you feel the love tonight?
Published : 05 Mar 2017, 21:54
Okay, so it's not exactly shocking to hear that having sex on the regular can make you feel like a baller, but researchers wanted to pinpoint why, exactly, frequent sex provides such a sense of well-being.
So a group of University of Toronto researchers set out to do just that by conducting a few different experiments published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
In the first experiment, the researchers recruited 335 Americans online and quizzed them about their relationships, how often they had sex, how happy they were, and how often they kissed or cuddled with their partners. Researchers then repeated the experiment with 74 couples from San Francisco. While both sex and frequency of touch were linked to increased life satisfaction, the researchers concluded that it was really the affection—not the sex—that explained the feel-good vibes experienced by people who get it on more often.
Next, the researchers asked 106 Swiss couples to keep diaries and found that the more the couple had sex over a 10-day period, the happier their relationship satisfaction was. A follow-up study found that those same couples were more likely to report “experiences of affection” several hours after having sex, not just in the immediate aftermath. (Mix things up with this 20 Function Bullet Vibrator from the Women's Health Boutique.)
One caveat: As Science of Us points out, because the study relied heavily on surveys and participant diaries, it’s hard to actually determine what’s actually responsible for the feelings of happiness sex provides (i.e. is it your overall well-being? The sex? The cuddling? Which came first?). Still, if nothing else, this study just reinforces what most people already know: Sex and cuddling aren't just fun—they're actually healthy for you.
The article Having Sex Once a Week Is the Equivalent of a $50,000 Raise originally appeared on Men’s Health.
- Most viewed
- Woman with 60kg leg at Dhaka medical
- Housewife beaten dead, husband held
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom