Media role effective to end violence against women and children
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 17:19
Development activists and media personnel at a round-table meeting here on Friday said that media has a vital role to end violence and repression against poor and marginalised women besides building their self-confidence and dignity.
They viewed balanced society could be established through ensuring human rights. Social initiative is also very important to protect the dignity of marginalized population.
It is time to remove the social disparities and other social crimes like gender discrimination, child marriage and violence against women. So, the media people would come forward and work together towards eliminating the social crimes.
These views were expressed in a round-table meeting held in the city with media personnel styled "Expectation from Media Personnel towards
ensuring access to justice of Marginalised communities".
Brotee Somaj Kolyan Sangstha (BSKS) under its project 'Protecting the Vulnerable through Community Legal Services' organized the meeting under the Community Legal Services (CLS) programme funded by UKAID through Maxwell Stamp-PLC.
With Brotee Chief Executive Sharmin Murshid in the chair, Editor of Daily Sonar Desh Akbarul Hassan Millat, BSKS Panel Lawyer Shahinul Haque, Regional Coordinator and Legal Advocacy Officer Ashique Iqbal and Training and Communication Coordinator Razendra Kumar Das spoke on the occasion.
During his concept paper presentation, Shashanka Boron Roy, Coordinator of the project, said main thrust of the project is to improve access to justice and existing legal service procedure for un-served population like poor and extreme poor ethnic minority.
- Most viewed
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks