Media role effective to end violence against women and children
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 17:19
Development activists and media personnel at a round-table meeting here on Friday said that media has a vital role to end violence and repression against poor and marginalised women besides building their self-confidence and dignity.
They viewed balanced society could be established through ensuring human rights. Social initiative is also very important to protect the dignity of marginalized population.
It is time to remove the social disparities and other social crimes like gender discrimination, child marriage and violence against women. So, the media people would come forward and work together towards eliminating the social crimes.
These views were expressed in a round-table meeting held in the city with media personnel styled "Expectation from Media Personnel towards
ensuring access to justice of Marginalised communities".
Brotee Somaj Kolyan Sangstha (BSKS) under its project 'Protecting the Vulnerable through Community Legal Services' organized the meeting under the Community Legal Services (CLS) programme funded by UKAID through Maxwell Stamp-PLC.
With Brotee Chief Executive Sharmin Murshid in the chair, Editor of Daily Sonar Desh Akbarul Hassan Millat, BSKS Panel Lawyer Shahinul Haque, Regional Coordinator and Legal Advocacy Officer Ashique Iqbal and Training and Communication Coordinator Razendra Kumar Das spoke on the occasion.
During his concept paper presentation, Shashanka Boron Roy, Coordinator of the project, said main thrust of the project is to improve access to justice and existing legal service procedure for un-served population like poor and extreme poor ethnic minority.
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters