Vote for Wasfia
Published : 20 May 2016, 22:49
National Geographic will be hosting a Twitter chat with one of our 2016 Emerging Explorers on Friday, June 17.
Three topics have been nominated for this twitter chat. They are,
Blue whales and ocean conservation with Asha de Vos
Space’s biggest mysteries with Jedidah Isler
Mountaineering, mindfulness and women's education with Wasfia Nazreen
Asha de Vos is a Sri-lankan Marine biologist and educator trying to save the oceans while inspiring a new generation of ocean heroes. Dr. Jedidah Isler is an award-winning astrophysicist, TED Fellow, and a nationally recognized speaker and advocate for inclusive STEM education. And Wasfia Nazreen is a mountaineer, activist, social worker and writer from Bangladesh. She is the first Bangladeshi and only Bengali to complete the Seven Summits record following mountaineer Reinhold Messner's variations.
The mighty girl Wasfia has requested everyone to vote for her from her official facebook page. As per rules of National Geographic anyone from anywhere can vote for this twitter chat. The result of voting will be published on June 6.
To vote for this twitter chat, click here.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident