Vote for Wasfia
Published : 20 May 2016, 22:49
National Geographic will be hosting a Twitter chat with one of our 2016 Emerging Explorers on Friday, June 17.
Three topics have been nominated for this twitter chat. They are,
Blue whales and ocean conservation with Asha de Vos
Space’s biggest mysteries with Jedidah Isler
Mountaineering, mindfulness and women's education with Wasfia Nazreen
Asha de Vos is a Sri-lankan Marine biologist and educator trying to save the oceans while inspiring a new generation of ocean heroes. Dr. Jedidah Isler is an award-winning astrophysicist, TED Fellow, and a nationally recognized speaker and advocate for inclusive STEM education. And Wasfia Nazreen is a mountaineer, activist, social worker and writer from Bangladesh. She is the first Bangladeshi and only Bengali to complete the Seven Summits record following mountaineer Reinhold Messner's variations.
The mighty girl Wasfia has requested everyone to vote for her from her official facebook page. As per rules of National Geographic anyone from anywhere can vote for this twitter chat. The result of voting will be published on June 6.
To vote for this twitter chat, click here.
- Most viewed
- 13 people killed in suicide truck bomb in south of Iraq's Baghdad
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal