Vote for Wasfia
Published : 20 May 2016, 22:49
National Geographic will be hosting a Twitter chat with one of our 2016 Emerging Explorers on Friday, June 17.
Three topics have been nominated for this twitter chat. They are,
Blue whales and ocean conservation with Asha de Vos
Space’s biggest mysteries with Jedidah Isler
Mountaineering, mindfulness and women's education with Wasfia Nazreen
Asha de Vos is a Sri-lankan Marine biologist and educator trying to save the oceans while inspiring a new generation of ocean heroes. Dr. Jedidah Isler is an award-winning astrophysicist, TED Fellow, and a nationally recognized speaker and advocate for inclusive STEM education. And Wasfia Nazreen is a mountaineer, activist, social worker and writer from Bangladesh. She is the first Bangladeshi and only Bengali to complete the Seven Summits record following mountaineer Reinhold Messner's variations.
The mighty girl Wasfia has requested everyone to vote for her from her official facebook page. As per rules of National Geographic anyone from anywhere can vote for this twitter chat. The result of voting will be published on June 6.
To vote for this twitter chat, click here.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self