Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident