Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- 10 Super foods for Weight Loss (Video)
- The Best Exercise to Sculpt Your Legs (Video)
- 6 Secrets to Get to Sleep Faster (Video)
- Which STD Tests You Should Get and Why
- 4 Steps to Slim, Sculpted Arms (Video)
- How to Sculpt Killer Abs (Video)
- Why a Swedish Town Might Be Swapping Lunch Breaks For Sex Breaks (Video)
- This 15-Minute Yoga Flow Will Instantly Brighten Your Skin (video)
- Straight women have fewest orgasms
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- Khadiza goes back home
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM