Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- Women on trial visit airport where Kim Jong Nam was attacked
- Housewife stabbed dead in Moulvibazar
- Young woman found dead in Chandpur
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ