Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- 30 March Births
- 30 March Events
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts