Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths