Bangladesh Navy gets first women soldiers
Published : 30 May 2016, 20:21
For the first time in the county’s history, a total of 44 women soldiers joined the Bangladesh Navy today.
With the women soldiers, a total of 771 sailors have formally joined the navy by completing their basic training this year.
Navy Chief Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed witnessed parade and took salute from them.
Three sailors including a female received the best award for their outstanding performance in the training, said a press release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self