The Youngest Woman With A Beard
Published : 09 Sep 2016, 23:19
Harnaam Kaur is a woman of steel.
She entered the Guinness Book of World Records for becoming the youngest female in the world with a full beard.
Harnaam Kaur suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome. It is a hormonal condition which leads to excess acne and facial hair. The 24-year-old girl resides in Berkshire, England said that this recognition was “extremely humbling”.
Because of her condition, Harnaam faced a lot of bullying during her childhood. She boldly overcame it to live a normal life and the record acknowledges her bravery
“Now with a beard measuring as long as six inches in places, she overcame years of bullying to take ownership of her appearance and achieve this record title at the age of 24 years 282 days.”
She describes herself as the bearded dame, a body confidence activist, anti-bully activist and a plus sized model and even goes around wearing a turban.
She also broke records when she became the first woman with a beard to walk the runway at the London Fashion Week.
She has also modelled for Urban Bridesmaid Photography.
She appeals to women to embrace themselves as they are, and not focus on the negativity they get from the society.
“I hope those who read or see my record can take away positivity, inspiration and realise that no matter who you are or what you look like, you are officially amazing!”
One can only image what she has gone through during her childhood, growing up with a beard.
It takes a lot of courage to still keep it and live positively with dignity.
Source: The Indian Express
- Most viewed
- Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
- Melania Trump's pricey jacket draws attention in Sicily
- Raid at Savar ‘militant dens’: 7 grenades, 3 suicide vests found
- NASA’s Juno probe forces ‘rethink’ on Jupiter
- Nokia 9: Dual rear cameras leaked in new images, 8GB RAM, and more
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Indian aid arrives as Sri Lanka monsoon toll hits 100
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths