The Youngest Woman With A Beard
Published : 09 Sep 2016, 23:19
Harnaam Kaur is a woman of steel.
She entered the Guinness Book of World Records for becoming the youngest female in the world with a full beard.
Harnaam Kaur suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome. It is a hormonal condition which leads to excess acne and facial hair. The 24-year-old girl resides in Berkshire, England said that this recognition was “extremely humbling”.
Because of her condition, Harnaam faced a lot of bullying during her childhood. She boldly overcame it to live a normal life and the record acknowledges her bravery
“Now with a beard measuring as long as six inches in places, she overcame years of bullying to take ownership of her appearance and achieve this record title at the age of 24 years 282 days.”
She describes herself as the bearded dame, a body confidence activist, anti-bully activist and a plus sized model and even goes around wearing a turban.
She also broke records when she became the first woman with a beard to walk the runway at the London Fashion Week.
She has also modelled for Urban Bridesmaid Photography.
She appeals to women to embrace themselves as they are, and not focus on the negativity they get from the society.
“I hope those who read or see my record can take away positivity, inspiration and realise that no matter who you are or what you look like, you are officially amazing!”
One can only image what she has gone through during her childhood, growing up with a beard.
It takes a lot of courage to still keep it and live positively with dignity.
Source: The Indian Express
- Most viewed
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor likely to tie the knot in 2020
- Priyanka, Nick Jonas arrive together in India
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl