GP brings revamped WowBox App with new functionalities
Published : 05 May 2016, 16:18
Cellular phone operator Grameenphone has introduced lifestyle app "WowBox" with new design, functionality and customer offers.
WowBox, developed by Grameenphone's parents company Telenor, is now available exclusively for the subscribers would enables easy access to a wide range of Grameenphone products, discounts from popular outlets, as well as news and lifestyle articles, competitions and games.
Grameenphone Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Yasir Azman today came up with the announcement of revamped app at a ceremony in a city hotel.
"Since the official launch in May last year, WowBox has experienced growth rates that previously have been unheard-of in Bangladesh. Currently over 3 million have used WowBox and we are now excited to offer an even better and easier app to use for our customers, and for creating common value together with our partners," said Azman.
He said functionality added for the brand new WowBox 2.1 version
includes improved customer navigation for easier use, cool new look, full news articles from partners within the app, and bigger choice of editorial articles such as fashion, beauty, sports and music.
Besides, it also incorporated social media functions to enable easy sharing of content to Facebook and more exclusive product offers from Grameenphone, added the Grameenphone CMO.
WowBox, which is free to use, has been developed for Bangladesh by Grameenphone's mother company, Telenor Group.
"WowBox provides a valuable channel to engage with the fast growing community of young mobile Internet users in Bangladesh and we are confident they will enjoy the new improved user experience, increase in relevant offers and the cool new look," said Holger Hussmann, Head of WowBox in Telenor's Product and Innovation Unit.
In addition, Grameenphone customers can enjoy the special benefits of the WowBox reward programme. Here the user accumulates points, called tokens, when purchasing Grameenphone products within the WowBox app. These points can later be redeemed for free Grameenphone products.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident