Google merges skills to launch Spaces sharing app
Published : 17 May 2016, 16:28
Google on Monday rolled out a Spaces application tailored to let users easily share content and commentary, group-messaging style, on any topics they wish.
"With Spaces, it's simple to find and share articles, videos and images without leaving the app, since Google Search, YouTube, and Chrome come built in," product director Luke Wroblewski said in a blog post.
"You can create a space with just one tap for any topic and invite anyone via messaging, email, a social network, or whatever way you like."
Spaces rolled out for mobile devices powered by Android or Apple software as well as for access through Internet browsers, Wroblewski said.
Google will devote sessions to Spaces at the Internet giant's annual developers conference kicking off on Wednesday near its headquarters in the Silicon Valley city of Mountain View.
The three-day Google I/O conference is set to focus on virtual reality, artificial intelligence and the Android operating system as the Internet firm courts developers whose creations can win users to services and buyers to products.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Births