Toyota recalling 1.43 million hybrids worldwide for air bag issue
Published : 29 Jun 2016, 15:37
Toyota Motor Corp said late on Tuesday it is recalling 1.43 million hybrid Prius and Lexus CT200h cars worldwide because of a possible airbag inflator defect.
The recall covers 2010-2012 vehicles with air bag inflators that could have a small crack in a weld, which could lead to the separation of the inflator chambers. The air bag could partially inflate and the inflator could enter the vehicle interior, increasing the risk of injury, Toyota said.
The recall covers 482,000 US vehicles and the air bag inflators involved in this recall were not produced by Takata Corp, Toyota spokesperson Victor Vanov said.
The company said it was not aware of any injuries or deaths related to the recall.
- Most viewed
- Female teacher engaged in sex with student in plane toilet
- What essential qualities make for a happy, long-term relationship? We find out
- 8 reasons why momos are dangerous for you
- Woman crushed under train in Chapainawabganj
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- 22 July Deaths
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Man, daughter-in-law sentenced to life term in Laxmipur rape case
- People to bring AL back to power: PM
- Angelina Jolie admits to ‘hardest time’ after separation
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed