Toyota recalling 1.43 million hybrids worldwide for air bag issue
Published : 29 Jun 2016, 15:37
Toyota Motor Corp said late on Tuesday it is recalling 1.43 million hybrid Prius and Lexus CT200h cars worldwide because of a possible airbag inflator defect.
The recall covers 2010-2012 vehicles with air bag inflators that could have a small crack in a weld, which could lead to the separation of the inflator chambers. The air bag could partially inflate and the inflator could enter the vehicle interior, increasing the risk of injury, Toyota said.
The recall covers 482,000 US vehicles and the air bag inflators involved in this recall were not produced by Takata Corp, Toyota spokesperson Victor Vanov said.
The company said it was not aware of any injuries or deaths related to the recall.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- Eat Home Cooked Meals and Skip Watching TV to Lower Risks of Obesity
- PM blasts BNP for not observing 'Genocide Day'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh