Cybercrime a threat to public safety: Speaker
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 23:51
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today said, the cybercrime is a threat to public safety.
‘Internet users in the country are being increased day by day and we have to ensure their safey,’ the Speaker added.
She also said, ‘The ruling government is working relentlessly to ensure safety for the users.’
Speaker Choudhury came up with the opinion while inaugurating a two-day international workshop on cybercrimes and safe internet began in capital to find ways to curb threats and crimes in the cyber space.
The Speaker was present at the program as chief guest when the program was held in city's Hotel Le Meridien today.
State minister for posts and telecommunications Tarana Halim, posts and telecommunication division secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar and BTRC acting chairman Brig Gen (retd) Ahsan Habib Khan were also present among others in the program.
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic