Cybercrime a threat to public safety: Speaker
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 23:51
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today said, the cybercrime is a threat to public safety.
‘Internet users in the country are being increased day by day and we have to ensure their safey,’ the Speaker added.
She also said, ‘The ruling government is working relentlessly to ensure safety for the users.’
Speaker Choudhury came up with the opinion while inaugurating a two-day international workshop on cybercrimes and safe internet began in capital to find ways to curb threats and crimes in the cyber space.
The Speaker was present at the program as chief guest when the program was held in city's Hotel Le Meridien today.
State minister for posts and telecommunications Tarana Halim, posts and telecommunication division secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar and BTRC acting chairman Brig Gen (retd) Ahsan Habib Khan were also present among others in the program.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM