Cybercrime a threat to public safety: Speaker
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 23:51
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today said, the cybercrime is a threat to public safety.
‘Internet users in the country are being increased day by day and we have to ensure their safey,’ the Speaker added.
She also said, ‘The ruling government is working relentlessly to ensure safety for the users.’
Speaker Choudhury came up with the opinion while inaugurating a two-day international workshop on cybercrimes and safe internet began in capital to find ways to curb threats and crimes in the cyber space.
The Speaker was present at the program as chief guest when the program was held in city's Hotel Le Meridien today.
State minister for posts and telecommunications Tarana Halim, posts and telecommunication division secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar and BTRC acting chairman Brig Gen (retd) Ahsan Habib Khan were also present among others in the program.
- Most viewed
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises