Cybercrime a threat to public safety: Speaker
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 23:51
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today said, the cybercrime is a threat to public safety.
‘Internet users in the country are being increased day by day and we have to ensure their safey,’ the Speaker added.
She also said, ‘The ruling government is working relentlessly to ensure safety for the users.’
Speaker Choudhury came up with the opinion while inaugurating a two-day international workshop on cybercrimes and safe internet began in capital to find ways to curb threats and crimes in the cyber space.
The Speaker was present at the program as chief guest when the program was held in city's Hotel Le Meridien today.
State minister for posts and telecommunications Tarana Halim, posts and telecommunication division secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar and BTRC acting chairman Brig Gen (retd) Ahsan Habib Khan were also present among others in the program.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira