Cybercrime a threat to public safety: Speaker
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 23:51
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today said, the cybercrime is a threat to public safety.
‘Internet users in the country are being increased day by day and we have to ensure their safey,’ the Speaker added.
She also said, ‘The ruling government is working relentlessly to ensure safety for the users.’
Speaker Choudhury came up with the opinion while inaugurating a two-day international workshop on cybercrimes and safe internet began in capital to find ways to curb threats and crimes in the cyber space.
The Speaker was present at the program as chief guest when the program was held in city's Hotel Le Meridien today.
State minister for posts and telecommunications Tarana Halim, posts and telecommunication division secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar and BTRC acting chairman Brig Gen (retd) Ahsan Habib Khan were also present among others in the program.
- Most viewed
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Settle rule on Marma sisters in 6 weeks: SC
- 22 February Deaths
- 22 February Births
- 22 February Events
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak