Competition for local mobile game developer launched
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:29
In search for local game developers for mobile phone industry, a competition has been launched by the mobile phone operator Grameenphone and White-Board in association with the ICT Division.
The completion dubbed as "Game Jam" that started to receive application from March 23 would be a platform for local 25 teams who would develop big mobile game in Bangladesh, said a Grameenphone press release today.
The 25 teams are going to participate in a meticulously planned 48-hour session or 'Jam', competing against each other on tasks assigned to them.
Top three winners will be receiving comprehensive support from Grameenphone to reach people with their games on a global scale.
The games are expected to feature great visuals and effects, interesting mechanics and a memorable journey, and should have the scope to play with in-app purchases.
A preparatory Boot Camp will be held on April 22 with the 25 selected teams before the Jam. The 48-hour Jam will then be held on April 28 and April 29, and after rigorous tests in a highly competitive environment, the 3 teams will emerge victorious as selected by an expert panel of judges.
To register for Game Jam interested game developers have to visit http://www.white-board.co/. The deadline for submitting applications for Game Jam is April 13.
The three games will be made market-ready by July, 2017 and will be launched exclusively through Grameenphone. The support that the winners will receive includes:
Speaking about the initiative, State Minister of for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said "We want the youth to grab the opportunities available in the gaming industry that is worth $ 100 billion."
He hoped the young game developers of our country will contribute to the fulfillment of the dream of our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to make Bangladesh a digital country through their participation in this event.
The ICT Division will provide appropriate resources to garner and mentor the applicants to build their game.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report