Competition for local mobile game developer launched
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:29
In search for local game developers for mobile phone industry, a competition has been launched by the mobile phone operator Grameenphone and White-Board in association with the ICT Division.
The completion dubbed as "Game Jam" that started to receive application from March 23 would be a platform for local 25 teams who would develop big mobile game in Bangladesh, said a Grameenphone press release today.
The 25 teams are going to participate in a meticulously planned 48-hour session or 'Jam', competing against each other on tasks assigned to them.
Top three winners will be receiving comprehensive support from Grameenphone to reach people with their games on a global scale.
The games are expected to feature great visuals and effects, interesting mechanics and a memorable journey, and should have the scope to play with in-app purchases.
A preparatory Boot Camp will be held on April 22 with the 25 selected teams before the Jam. The 48-hour Jam will then be held on April 28 and April 29, and after rigorous tests in a highly competitive environment, the 3 teams will emerge victorious as selected by an expert panel of judges.
To register for Game Jam interested game developers have to visit http://www.white-board.co/. The deadline for submitting applications for Game Jam is April 13.
The three games will be made market-ready by July, 2017 and will be launched exclusively through Grameenphone. The support that the winners will receive includes:
Speaking about the initiative, State Minister of for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said "We want the youth to grab the opportunities available in the gaming industry that is worth $ 100 billion."
He hoped the young game developers of our country will contribute to the fulfillment of the dream of our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to make Bangladesh a digital country through their participation in this event.
The ICT Division will provide appropriate resources to garner and mentor the applicants to build their game.
- Most viewed
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry