Competition for local mobile game developer launched
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:29
In search for local game developers for mobile phone industry, a competition has been launched by the mobile phone operator Grameenphone and White-Board in association with the ICT Division.
The completion dubbed as "Game Jam" that started to receive application from March 23 would be a platform for local 25 teams who would develop big mobile game in Bangladesh, said a Grameenphone press release today.
The 25 teams are going to participate in a meticulously planned 48-hour session or 'Jam', competing against each other on tasks assigned to them.
Top three winners will be receiving comprehensive support from Grameenphone to reach people with their games on a global scale.
The games are expected to feature great visuals and effects, interesting mechanics and a memorable journey, and should have the scope to play with in-app purchases.
A preparatory Boot Camp will be held on April 22 with the 25 selected teams before the Jam. The 48-hour Jam will then be held on April 28 and April 29, and after rigorous tests in a highly competitive environment, the 3 teams will emerge victorious as selected by an expert panel of judges.
To register for Game Jam interested game developers have to visit http://www.white-board.co/. The deadline for submitting applications for Game Jam is April 13.
The three games will be made market-ready by July, 2017 and will be launched exclusively through Grameenphone. The support that the winners will receive includes:
Speaking about the initiative, State Minister of for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said "We want the youth to grab the opportunities available in the gaming industry that is worth $ 100 billion."
He hoped the young game developers of our country will contribute to the fulfillment of the dream of our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to make Bangladesh a digital country through their participation in this event.
The ICT Division will provide appropriate resources to garner and mentor the applicants to build their game.
- Most viewed
- Concerted efforts needed for haor areas
- NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope Plan Takes a Pause
- Regular Walking Can Help Keep the Brain Sharp in Elderly
- Recipe of Nihari Gosht
- Should I choose family over my boyfriend?
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic