Competition for local mobile game developer launched
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:29
In search for local game developers for mobile phone industry, a competition has been launched by the mobile phone operator Grameenphone and White-Board in association with the ICT Division.
The completion dubbed as "Game Jam" that started to receive application from March 23 would be a platform for local 25 teams who would develop big mobile game in Bangladesh, said a Grameenphone press release today.
The 25 teams are going to participate in a meticulously planned 48-hour session or 'Jam', competing against each other on tasks assigned to them.
Top three winners will be receiving comprehensive support from Grameenphone to reach people with their games on a global scale.
The games are expected to feature great visuals and effects, interesting mechanics and a memorable journey, and should have the scope to play with in-app purchases.
A preparatory Boot Camp will be held on April 22 with the 25 selected teams before the Jam. The 48-hour Jam will then be held on April 28 and April 29, and after rigorous tests in a highly competitive environment, the 3 teams will emerge victorious as selected by an expert panel of judges.
To register for Game Jam interested game developers have to visit http://www.white-board.co/. The deadline for submitting applications for Game Jam is April 13.
The three games will be made market-ready by July, 2017 and will be launched exclusively through Grameenphone. The support that the winners will receive includes:
Speaking about the initiative, State Minister of for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said "We want the youth to grab the opportunities available in the gaming industry that is worth $ 100 billion."
He hoped the young game developers of our country will contribute to the fulfillment of the dream of our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to make Bangladesh a digital country through their participation in this event.
The ICT Division will provide appropriate resources to garner and mentor the applicants to build their game.
- Most viewed
- Soha Ali Khan’s baby shower preparations are on in full swing
- Cheesy Potato Chips
- National Women's Chess begins Saturday
- NASA’s latest communications satellite arrives in orbit
- Facebook shuts down chat platform used to ‘harass’ employees
- Different brand choices can make dent in relationship
- Development works near Sundarbans jeopardise people’s lives: Sultana Kamal
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Deaths
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses