Genuine users getting back Facebook accounts
Published : 17 Apr 2017, 17:42
The genuine Facebook users, whose accounts were blocked by the giant social media during its drive against fake accounts, are getting back their accounts.
However, Facebook did not say anything about the blocked or disabled accounts so far. They have not even shared the numbers of blocked accounts yet.
Md Badal, an online journalist, last night found his account active hours after it was disabled early Saturday.
“On March 3, Facebook send an authentication code to my phone but I ignored it. And that’s way, it might block my account,” said Badal.
After his account was blocked, he again tried to open it through using that verification code but it didn’t work, Badal added.
“Last evening Facebook again send me a verification code and I used it. After few hours, the authorities reopened my account.”
Shuvo, another account holder, also found his account active last evening after two days.
For the last two days, the Facebook authorities blocked huge number of accounts from Bangladesh, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and a number of other countries saying those accounts were made up for getting inauthentic likes and comments.
Facebook also asked them to provide necessary information by clicking “submit an appeal” on its website.
Some users provided images of their identity cards, email IDs and their account names on Facebook for getting get back their accounts after this drive.
There are 2.6 crore Facebook accounts operating from Bangladesh, according to a report of “Digital in 2017 Global Overview” run by “We Are Social” and “Hootsuite”.
- Most viewed
- First lady thanks Chelsea Clinton for defending Barron Trump
- Narayanganj 7-murder case: Prosecutor’s daughter poisoned
- 24 August Deaths
- 24 August Births
- 24 August Events
- Govt. strengthens social safety net programme to cut poverty: Chumki
- Make your home look lively during rainy season
- Facebook allows publishers put logos next to headlines
- Beauty, health benefits of neem
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Births
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- 19 August Events
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Be a best friend to your teenage child