Genuine users getting back Facebook accounts
Published : 17 Apr 2017, 17:42
The genuine Facebook users, whose accounts were blocked by the giant social media during its drive against fake accounts, are getting back their accounts.
However, Facebook did not say anything about the blocked or disabled accounts so far. They have not even shared the numbers of blocked accounts yet.
Md Badal, an online journalist, last night found his account active hours after it was disabled early Saturday.
“On March 3, Facebook send an authentication code to my phone but I ignored it. And that’s way, it might block my account,” said Badal.
After his account was blocked, he again tried to open it through using that verification code but it didn’t work, Badal added.
“Last evening Facebook again send me a verification code and I used it. After few hours, the authorities reopened my account.”
Shuvo, another account holder, also found his account active last evening after two days.
For the last two days, the Facebook authorities blocked huge number of accounts from Bangladesh, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and a number of other countries saying those accounts were made up for getting inauthentic likes and comments.
Facebook also asked them to provide necessary information by clicking “submit an appeal” on its website.
Some users provided images of their identity cards, email IDs and their account names on Facebook for getting get back their accounts after this drive.
There are 2.6 crore Facebook accounts operating from Bangladesh, according to a report of “Digital in 2017 Global Overview” run by “We Are Social” and “Hootsuite”.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women