Apple finally made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 17:06
Wi-Fi passwords are a pain. They're hard to remember and are often too long or complex to easily tell someone.
Luckily, Apple has finally made a way to easily share your Wi-Fi password with someone in iOS 11, the next major software update coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year.
Here's how it works: When someone needs the password to a network you've already logged into, you'll be able to hold your Apple device near theirs and instantly transfer the password to them - no copy and pasting required!
The feature also works with Macs running macOS High Sierra, the new Mac operating system Apple will release for free later this year.
The only catch is that the two devices sharing passwords have to be unlocked.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations