Apple finally made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 17:06
Wi-Fi passwords are a pain. They're hard to remember and are often too long or complex to easily tell someone.
Luckily, Apple has finally made a way to easily share your Wi-Fi password with someone in iOS 11, the next major software update coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year.
Here's how it works: When someone needs the password to a network you've already logged into, you'll be able to hold your Apple device near theirs and instantly transfer the password to them - no copy and pasting required!
The feature also works with Macs running macOS High Sierra, the new Mac operating system Apple will release for free later this year.
The only catch is that the two devices sharing passwords have to be unlocked.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists