Apple finally made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 17:06
Wi-Fi passwords are a pain. They're hard to remember and are often too long or complex to easily tell someone.
Luckily, Apple has finally made a way to easily share your Wi-Fi password with someone in iOS 11, the next major software update coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year.
Here's how it works: When someone needs the password to a network you've already logged into, you'll be able to hold your Apple device near theirs and instantly transfer the password to them - no copy and pasting required!
The feature also works with Macs running macOS High Sierra, the new Mac operating system Apple will release for free later this year.
The only catch is that the two devices sharing passwords have to be unlocked.
- Most viewed
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement