Apple finally made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 17:06
Wi-Fi passwords are a pain. They're hard to remember and are often too long or complex to easily tell someone.
Luckily, Apple has finally made a way to easily share your Wi-Fi password with someone in iOS 11, the next major software update coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year.
Here's how it works: When someone needs the password to a network you've already logged into, you'll be able to hold your Apple device near theirs and instantly transfer the password to them - no copy and pasting required!
The feature also works with Macs running macOS High Sierra, the new Mac operating system Apple will release for free later this year.
The only catch is that the two devices sharing passwords have to be unlocked.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl