Apple finally made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 17:06
Wi-Fi passwords are a pain. They're hard to remember and are often too long or complex to easily tell someone.
Luckily, Apple has finally made a way to easily share your Wi-Fi password with someone in iOS 11, the next major software update coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year.
Here's how it works: When someone needs the password to a network you've already logged into, you'll be able to hold your Apple device near theirs and instantly transfer the password to them - no copy and pasting required!
The feature also works with Macs running macOS High Sierra, the new Mac operating system Apple will release for free later this year.
The only catch is that the two devices sharing passwords have to be unlocked.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM