Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Dec: Tarana Hailm
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:58
State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Advocate Tarana Halim yesterday expressed hope that Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the country's first-ever satellite project, will be launched from Florida in the USA in December this year if the weather remains well.
"Almost 88 percent works of Bangabandhu Satellite have already been completed. Equipment testing will begin in September this year," she said while visiting the progress of construction of ground station of the satellite in Gazipur.
She also hoped the commercial operation of the satellite will begin in April next year.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh