Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Dec: Tarana Hailm
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:58
State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Advocate Tarana Halim yesterday expressed hope that Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the country's first-ever satellite project, will be launched from Florida in the USA in December this year if the weather remains well.
"Almost 88 percent works of Bangabandhu Satellite have already been completed. Equipment testing will begin in September this year," she said while visiting the progress of construction of ground station of the satellite in Gazipur.
She also hoped the commercial operation of the satellite will begin in April next year.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina