Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Dec: Tarana Hailm
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:58
State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Advocate Tarana Halim yesterday expressed hope that Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the country's first-ever satellite project, will be launched from Florida in the USA in December this year if the weather remains well.
"Almost 88 percent works of Bangabandhu Satellite have already been completed. Equipment testing will begin in September this year," she said while visiting the progress of construction of ground station of the satellite in Gazipur.
She also hoped the commercial operation of the satellite will begin in April next year.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl