Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Dec: Tarana Hailm
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:58
State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Advocate Tarana Halim yesterday expressed hope that Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the country's first-ever satellite project, will be launched from Florida in the USA in December this year if the weather remains well.
"Almost 88 percent works of Bangabandhu Satellite have already been completed. Equipment testing will begin in September this year," she said while visiting the progress of construction of ground station of the satellite in Gazipur.
She also hoped the commercial operation of the satellite will begin in April next year.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike