Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Dec: Tarana Hailm
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:58
State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Advocate Tarana Halim yesterday expressed hope that Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the country's first-ever satellite project, will be launched from Florida in the USA in December this year if the weather remains well.
"Almost 88 percent works of Bangabandhu Satellite have already been completed. Equipment testing will begin in September this year," she said while visiting the progress of construction of ground station of the satellite in Gazipur.
She also hoped the commercial operation of the satellite will begin in April next year.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be