Tarana for facing cyber crime globally
Published : 25 Oct 2017, 12:03
Noting that cyber crime is the largest challenge in the modern world, State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Tarana Halim on Tuesday said it should be dealt with globally.
Inaugurating the three-day 8th APT Cyber Security Forum (CSF-8) in a city hotel, she urged the international community to secure safe internet for all.
She also called for amending the policies of social media considering the economic and social conditions of the user countries.
Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) and Posts and Telecommunications Division jointly organised the programme under initiation of Asia Pacific Telecommunity (ATP).
Posts and Telecommunications Division Secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar was a special guest at the inaugural session where BTRC Chairman Dr Shahjahan Mahmood delivered the inaugural speech.
Over 100 delegations of 14 member countries, including India, China, Korea, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Cambodia Thailand and Vietnam, are taking part in the forum.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing