Teacher allegedly assaults father of Bangladesh U-16 girls' team goalkeeper Taslima
Published : 09 Sep 2016, 22:38
A teacher of a school, where most members of Bangladesh’s triumphant Under-16 girls' team study, has allegedly assaulted the father of goalkeeper Taslima Akter in Mymensingh's Kalsindur.
Taslima and eight other members of the team that remained unbeaten to qualify for the AFC Under-16 Women's Championship in China, topping Group C in the qualifying round held in Dhaka recently, are from the school.
Taslima's father Sabuj Mia started a case against Kalsindur School and College's physical education teacher Jabed Ali Talukder on Thursday for allegedly assaulting him.
The school's management has also suspended the teacher.
According to Dhobaura Police Station OC Shawakat Alam, Jabed has been on the run since the incident on Wednesday night.
The OC said the teacher asked the girls of the school, who are also members of the Under-16 team, to play a match for the institution in an inter-school tournament in Comilla on Sep 18.
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) denied them permission to play the match because a reception for them will be in Dhaka on Sep 17, Alam said.
"Jabed Ali had an altercation with the girls after they refused to play in the school football tournament," he said.
Taslima's father Sabuj alleged Jabed first threatened to rusticate the girls and then hit him with his fists and kicked him on Wednesday night when he had informed Kalsindur Primary School Headmaster Mafiz Uddin about the alleged threat.
"My father was beaten following an incident in the school," Taslima said.
The OC said police went to the area on Wednesday night after hearing about the alleged assault of Sabuj and took measures for their security.
Principal Jalal Uddin said the school's managing committee called an emergency meeting on Thursday afternoon over the incident and suspended Jabed.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths