Teacher allegedly assaults father of Bangladesh U-16 girls' team goalkeeper Taslima
Published : 09 Sep 2016, 22:38
A teacher of a school, where most members of Bangladesh’s triumphant Under-16 girls' team study, has allegedly assaulted the father of goalkeeper Taslima Akter in Mymensingh's Kalsindur.
Taslima and eight other members of the team that remained unbeaten to qualify for the AFC Under-16 Women's Championship in China, topping Group C in the qualifying round held in Dhaka recently, are from the school.
Taslima's father Sabuj Mia started a case against Kalsindur School and College's physical education teacher Jabed Ali Talukder on Thursday for allegedly assaulting him.
The school's management has also suspended the teacher.
According to Dhobaura Police Station OC Shawakat Alam, Jabed has been on the run since the incident on Wednesday night.
The OC said the teacher asked the girls of the school, who are also members of the Under-16 team, to play a match for the institution in an inter-school tournament in Comilla on Sep 18.
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) denied them permission to play the match because a reception for them will be in Dhaka on Sep 17, Alam said.
"Jabed Ali had an altercation with the girls after they refused to play in the school football tournament," he said.
Taslima's father Sabuj alleged Jabed first threatened to rusticate the girls and then hit him with his fists and kicked him on Wednesday night when he had informed Kalsindur Primary School Headmaster Mafiz Uddin about the alleged threat.
"My father was beaten following an incident in the school," Taslima said.
The OC said police went to the area on Wednesday night after hearing about the alleged assault of Sabuj and took measures for their security.
Principal Jalal Uddin said the school's managing committee called an emergency meeting on Thursday afternoon over the incident and suspended Jabed.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule