Tamim sets new record
Published : 10 Apr 2017, 18:41
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has attained a unique feat recording the highest total in a session.
After a long session that was kicked off in September last year, Tamim rewrote record books as he scored 1145 runs from 23 matches during 2016-17 session breaking his previous record of 1082 during 2009-10.
Shakib Al Hassan was placed second as the world number one all-rounder gathered 1139 runs at the same time. Shakib also bagged 49 wickets from 24 matches, being fell short of 3 wickets to attain highest wicket taker accomplishment in a session.
Records in a session:
Int. Match Innings Run Highest 100/50 Session
Tamim Iqbal 23 29 1145 127 3/6 2016-17
Sakib Al Hassan 24 30 1139 217 2/6 2016-17
Tamim Iqbal 21 26 1082 151 2/8 2009-10
Habibul Bashar 18 25 899 108 1/7 2003
Mominul Haque 17 20 879 181 3/4 2013-14
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament