Tamim sets new record
Published : 10 Apr 2017, 18:41
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has attained a unique feat recording the highest total in a session.
After a long session that was kicked off in September last year, Tamim rewrote record books as he scored 1145 runs from 23 matches during 2016-17 session breaking his previous record of 1082 during 2009-10.
Shakib Al Hassan was placed second as the world number one all-rounder gathered 1139 runs at the same time. Shakib also bagged 49 wickets from 24 matches, being fell short of 3 wickets to attain highest wicket taker accomplishment in a session.
Records in a session:
Int. Match Innings Run Highest 100/50 Session
Tamim Iqbal 23 29 1145 127 3/6 2016-17
Sakib Al Hassan 24 30 1139 217 2/6 2016-17
Tamim Iqbal 21 26 1082 151 2/8 2009-10
Habibul Bashar 18 25 899 108 1/7 2003
Mominul Haque 17 20 879 181 3/4 2013-14
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Concerted efforts needed for haor areas
- NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope Plan Takes a Pause
- Regular Walking Can Help Keep the Brain Sharp in Elderly
- Recipe of Nihari Gosht
- Should I choose family over my boyfriend?
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic