Kvitova enters French Open draw
Published : 18 Apr 2017, 17:49
Two-times Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has entered the draw for next month's French Open four months after suffering a serious hand injury, she said on Monday.
The 27-year-old was stabbed by a knife-wielding intruder in her home in the Czech Republic in December.
"My name will appear on the entry list for Roland Garros tomorrow because I had made good progress in my recovery process and I want to give myself every last opportunity to be able to compete at one of my favourite events," Kvitova said on Instagram on Monday.
"This unfortunately does not mean necessarily that I will be ready to play in Paris, but that I'm doing everything possible to give myself the chance and keep a positive mindset. There remains a long road ahead."
The hard-hitting left-hander rose to number two in the world rankings in 2011 when she won the first of her two Wimbledon singles titles. She is now ranked 14th.
The French Open starts on May 22.
- Most viewed
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness
- Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Sixth Australian MP in eligibility trouble
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
- 18 August Deaths
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Events