Kvitova enters French Open draw
Published : 18 Apr 2017, 17:49
Two-times Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has entered the draw for next month's French Open four months after suffering a serious hand injury, she said on Monday.
The 27-year-old was stabbed by a knife-wielding intruder in her home in the Czech Republic in December.
"My name will appear on the entry list for Roland Garros tomorrow because I had made good progress in my recovery process and I want to give myself every last opportunity to be able to compete at one of my favourite events," Kvitova said on Instagram on Monday.
"This unfortunately does not mean necessarily that I will be ready to play in Paris, but that I'm doing everything possible to give myself the chance and keep a positive mindset. There remains a long road ahead."
The hard-hitting left-hander rose to number two in the world rankings in 2011 when she won the first of her two Wimbledon singles titles. She is now ranked 14th.
The French Open starts on May 22.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life