Bangladesh U-16 women’s football team reach Thailand
Published : 09 Sep 2017, 18:10
A 26-member Bangladesh Under-16 Women's Football Team reached the Thai capital of Bangkok Friday afternoon to compete in the eight-team final round of the AFC U-16 Championship 2017 beginning in Chonburi Stadium in Thailand on Sunday.
Krishna Rani Sarker is leading the Bangladesh team comprises of 20 booters and six officials.
Bangladesh U-16 Women's football team are now staying at Bang Saen Heritage Hotel in Chonburi. After taking rest on Friday, they will make their practices on Saturday morning.
Bangladesh women's team have been placed in Group B of the prestigious Asian junior women's meet along with holders North Korea, Japan and Australia while the Group A comprises hosts Thailand, China, Korean Republic and Laos.
Bangladesh will start their campaign in the heavyweight Asian meet taking on defending champions Korea on Monday (September 11) at the Chonburi Stadium at 5pm local time.
In the remaining group matches, Bangladesh will play Japan on September 14 at IPE Stadium in Chonburi while meet Australia on September 17 in the last group match at the same venue.
Addressing a pre-tour press conference at the Bangladesh Football Federation office on Thursday, Bangladesh captain Krishna Rani Sarker said, "We aren't afraid.
We've to fight with what we have and we're determined to show a good performance."
The skipper and coach Golam Rabbani Choton vowed to present a competitive Bangladesh against the top ranked teams of the world.
Bangladesh women's team, which qualified for the final round of the Asian meet for the first time as the unbeaten champions of Group C eliminating Iran, Singapore, Kyrgyzstan, Chinese Taipei and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), have been groomed and nursed for a record timing of one year, spending more than Tk 3 crore.
On the way to clinching the Group C title, Bangladesh women's beat IR Iran 3-0, Singapore 5-0, Kyrgyzstan 10-0, Chinese Taipei 4-2 and the UAE by 4-0 goals in Dhaka last year.
As a part of their year long preparations, Bangladesh U-16 Women's team toured four Asian soccer giants' countries on five occasions to play preparatory matches there --twice in Japan and once each in Singapore, South Korea and China.
Bangladesh U-16 squad: Players- Krishna Rani Sarker (captain), Tahura Khatun, Maria Manda, Sirat Jahan Swapna, Ankhi Khatun, Namza, Mahmuda, Rumki, Masura Parvin, Sheuly, Anai Mogini, Nila, Shamsunnahar, Mishrat Jahan Mousumi, Sanjida, Marzia, Monika Chakma, Ishrat Jahan Rantna, Razia Khatun and Anuching Mogini.
Officials: Amirul Islam Babu (Team Leader), Zakir Hossain Chowdhury (Manager) Golam Rabbani Choton (Head Coach), Mahbubur Rahman Litu (Assistant Coach), Paul Thomas Samlley (Technical and Strategic Director) and Sabina Khatun (Women's Coach).
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll