Captain Rumana flies to Brisbane to play BigBash
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:50
Captain of Bangladesh women’s cricket team Rumana Ahmed took off for Brisbane, Australia to play in the Australian domestic T20 Tournament, BigBash.
Rumana took off on Tuesday night (at 10:30pm) as the first Bangladeshi cricketer.
The Bangladesh captain along with Khadija Tul Kobra had signed for Brisbane Heaters to play BigBash since last two months ago.
Khadija will follow her suits to fly for Australia within the next few days.
‘After a long-waiting, I got the air ticket in hand today. I feel excited and very well inside from the mind,’ said Rumana Ahmed.
‘It’s my dream to play in foreign league the likes of BigBash. Today it becomes true,’ Rumana told.
But she thinks that if she doesn’t get opportunity to break into the first eleven of the Heaters the chance she got will be vast scope for her to learn a lot from it.
‘I am not sure that I will get chance to enter into the main squad of the Brisbane Heaters,’ Rumana Ahmed.
She also believes that it will make a future link for Bangladesh players to play the tournament in days to come.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan