Captain Rumana flies to Brisbane to play BigBash
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:50
Captain of Bangladesh women’s cricket team Rumana Ahmed took off for Brisbane, Australia to play in the Australian domestic T20 Tournament, BigBash.
Rumana took off on Tuesday night (at 10:30pm) as the first Bangladeshi cricketer.
The Bangladesh captain along with Khadija Tul Kobra had signed for Brisbane Heaters to play BigBash since last two months ago.
Khadija will follow her suits to fly for Australia within the next few days.
‘After a long-waiting, I got the air ticket in hand today. I feel excited and very well inside from the mind,’ said Rumana Ahmed.
‘It’s my dream to play in foreign league the likes of BigBash. Today it becomes true,’ Rumana told.
But she thinks that if she doesn’t get opportunity to break into the first eleven of the Heaters the chance she got will be vast scope for her to learn a lot from it.
‘I am not sure that I will get chance to enter into the main squad of the Brisbane Heaters,’ Rumana Ahmed.
She also believes that it will make a future link for Bangladesh players to play the tournament in days to come.
- Most viewed
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- 26 April Events
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge