Four-time Olympic luger Hamlin named US flag bearer
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 22:45
Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian, was named Thursday by the US Olympic Committee as the American flag bearer for Friday's opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Two-time world champion Hamlin was chosen by a vote of US Olympians in South Korea and will become the fourth luger to serve as flag bearer, the first since 2010.
Hamlin became the first American to win an Olympic singles luge medal in the sport's 50-year Olympic history with a 2014 bronze at Sochi. She had not reached a World Cup podium for two years.
"Making four teams and winning the bronze medal is so much more than I could I have imagined I would accomplish," Hamlin said.
"Now being voted flag bearer is a whole new level..."
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work