Four-time Olympic luger Hamlin named US flag bearer
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 22:45
Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian, was named Thursday by the US Olympic Committee as the American flag bearer for Friday's opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Two-time world champion Hamlin was chosen by a vote of US Olympians in South Korea and will become the fourth luger to serve as flag bearer, the first since 2010.
Hamlin became the first American to win an Olympic singles luge medal in the sport's 50-year Olympic history with a 2014 bronze at Sochi. She had not reached a World Cup podium for two years.
"Making four teams and winning the bronze medal is so much more than I could I have imagined I would accomplish," Hamlin said.
"Now being voted flag bearer is a whole new level..."
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women