Four-time Olympic luger Hamlin named US flag bearer
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 22:45
Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian, was named Thursday by the US Olympic Committee as the American flag bearer for Friday's opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Two-time world champion Hamlin was chosen by a vote of US Olympians in South Korea and will become the fourth luger to serve as flag bearer, the first since 2010.
Hamlin became the first American to win an Olympic singles luge medal in the sport's 50-year Olympic history with a 2014 bronze at Sochi. She had not reached a World Cup podium for two years.
"Making four teams and winning the bronze medal is so much more than I could I have imagined I would accomplish," Hamlin said.
"Now being voted flag bearer is a whole new level..."
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation