Four-time Olympic luger Hamlin named US flag bearer
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 22:45
Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian, was named Thursday by the US Olympic Committee as the American flag bearer for Friday's opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Two-time world champion Hamlin was chosen by a vote of US Olympians in South Korea and will become the fourth luger to serve as flag bearer, the first since 2010.
Hamlin became the first American to win an Olympic singles luge medal in the sport's 50-year Olympic history with a 2014 bronze at Sochi. She had not reached a World Cup podium for two years.
"Making four teams and winning the bronze medal is so much more than I could I have imagined I would accomplish," Hamlin said.
"Now being voted flag bearer is a whole new level..."
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore