Winter Olympics: US teenager Kim wins halfpipe gold
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:54
American snowboard sensation Chloe Kim produced a brilliant performance to take gold in the women's halfpipe.
The 17-year-old won with a score of 98.25 on her final run with China's Jiayu Liu taking silver and United States' Arielle Gold winning bronze.
Kim had already secured gold with her first run score but improved to win by eight-and-a-half points.
She is one of the stars of the Games and a favourite with the home fans due to her South Korean parents.
"It means a lot just being able to do it where my family is from," Kim said after her win which was watched by the biggest crowd so far at Pyeongchang's Phoenix Snow Park.
"There was a lot of pressure, but I'm happy I was able to do it here and do it for the fans and the family.
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine."
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Girls' supremacy finally over