Winter Olympics: US teenager Kim wins halfpipe gold
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:54
American snowboard sensation Chloe Kim produced a brilliant performance to take gold in the women's halfpipe.
The 17-year-old won with a score of 98.25 on her final run with China's Jiayu Liu taking silver and United States' Arielle Gold winning bronze.
Kim had already secured gold with her first run score but improved to win by eight-and-a-half points.
She is one of the stars of the Games and a favourite with the home fans due to her South Korean parents.
"It means a lot just being able to do it where my family is from," Kim said after her win which was watched by the biggest crowd so far at Pyeongchang's Phoenix Snow Park.
"There was a lot of pressure, but I'm happy I was able to do it here and do it for the fans and the family.
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine."
- Most viewed
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement