Winter Olympics: US teenager Kim wins halfpipe gold
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:54
American snowboard sensation Chloe Kim produced a brilliant performance to take gold in the women's halfpipe.
The 17-year-old won with a score of 98.25 on her final run with China's Jiayu Liu taking silver and United States' Arielle Gold winning bronze.
Kim had already secured gold with her first run score but improved to win by eight-and-a-half points.
She is one of the stars of the Games and a favourite with the home fans due to her South Korean parents.
"It means a lot just being able to do it where my family is from," Kim said after her win which was watched by the biggest crowd so far at Pyeongchang's Phoenix Snow Park.
"There was a lot of pressure, but I'm happy I was able to do it here and do it for the fans and the family.
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine."
- Most viewed
- Four amaging Quotes of Sridevi
- Sridevi filmography
- Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away
- Choose sugar free fruit juice prudently
- Sipping red wine may ward off your gum disease
- Friendship with Kardashian ‘one-sided’, feels Jennifer Lawrence
- Fans can’t believe how much Priyanka looks like US model
- Special project plans to empower women in ICT sector
- Youth jailed for sexually harassing Rajshahi SSC examinee
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM