Winter Olympics: US teenager Kim wins halfpipe gold
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:54
American snowboard sensation Chloe Kim produced a brilliant performance to take gold in the women's halfpipe.
The 17-year-old won with a score of 98.25 on her final run with China's Jiayu Liu taking silver and United States' Arielle Gold winning bronze.
Kim had already secured gold with her first run score but improved to win by eight-and-a-half points.
She is one of the stars of the Games and a favourite with the home fans due to her South Korean parents.
"It means a lot just being able to do it where my family is from," Kim said after her win which was watched by the biggest crowd so far at Pyeongchang's Phoenix Snow Park.
"There was a lot of pressure, but I'm happy I was able to do it here and do it for the fans and the family.
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine."
- Most viewed
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue