Bangladeshi archers win 4 gold medals in ISSF Archery
Published : 09 May 2018, 14:05
Bangladeshi archers clinched four gold medals in the 2nd ISSF International Archery Championship on Wednesday at the Maulana Bhashani National Stadium here.
Roxana Akter of Bangladesh smartly clinched the prestigious gold medal of the Compound Women’s Singles beating Iraqi world class archer Almashhadani Fatimah by 136-133 score in the final.
Bangladesh earned the expected gold medal in the Compound Men’s Singles as Ashim Kumar Das beat his compatriot Abul Kashem Mamun by 140-134 score in all Bangladesh final.
Besides, Bangladeshi Archery team clinched the gold medal in the Compound Women’s team beating their rivals from Morocco by 216 -152 score while Bangladesh Men’s team clinched another gold beating their Iraqi rivals in the gold deciding final.
Earlier on Tuesday, all the Bangladesh archers except one reached the finals of nine events out of 10 and the remaining five Recurve events will be held in the afternoon.
Only Nasrin Akter of Bangladesh failed to reach final in the Recurve Women’s Singles.
Bangladesh emerged champions the first edition of the ISSF Championship securing six gold medals and this season Bangladesh also poised the title securing four gold medal out of five.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women