Tigresses strike back with victory over Pakistan
WOMEN'S T20 ASIA CUP
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 12:01
After being routed by Sri Lanka for 63 less than 24 hours ago, Bangladesh stormed back to beat two-time runners up Pakistan by seven wickets to get off the mark in the 2018 Asia Cup T20 at Kinrara Oval in Kuala Lumpur.
Having won the toss, Tigresses elected to bowl first and restricted Pakistan Women to just 95 for three in the Asia Cup T20 matchup. Nahida Akhter bagged two wickets for 23 runs was the one who made early inroads into the Pakistan batting lineup as she removed both opposition openers in the fifth over.
Nigar Sulatana and Fahima Khatun then carried the Tigresses home with a 35-run fourth-wicket partnership. Nigar struck an unbeaten 35-ball 31 with three fours while Fahima scored 23 at the other end. Earlier opened Shamima Sultana contributed with a 33-ball 31 at the top of the innings.
Bangladesh will face table-toppers India in their next match.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’