Tigresses strike back with victory over Pakistan
WOMEN'S T20 ASIA CUP
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 12:01
After being routed by Sri Lanka for 63 less than 24 hours ago, Bangladesh stormed back to beat two-time runners up Pakistan by seven wickets to get off the mark in the 2018 Asia Cup T20 at Kinrara Oval in Kuala Lumpur.
Having won the toss, Tigresses elected to bowl first and restricted Pakistan Women to just 95 for three in the Asia Cup T20 matchup. Nahida Akhter bagged two wickets for 23 runs was the one who made early inroads into the Pakistan batting lineup as she removed both opposition openers in the fifth over.
Nigar Sulatana and Fahima Khatun then carried the Tigresses home with a 35-run fourth-wicket partnership. Nigar struck an unbeaten 35-ball 31 with three fours while Fahima scored 23 at the other end. Earlier opened Shamima Sultana contributed with a 33-ball 31 at the top of the innings.
Bangladesh will face table-toppers India in their next match.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM