Bangladesh women beat India in T20 Asia Cup
Published : 06 Jun 2018, 17:23
An all-round performance from Rumana Ahmed helped Bangladesh seal a seven-wicket victory over India in the Women's Twenty20 Asia Cup at Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
India opted to bat first winning the toss, and made 141 for 7 thanks to skipper Harmanpreet Kaur's 42 and Deepti Sharma's 32.
Rumana was the most successful Bangladesh bowler, claiming three for 21 while Salma Khatun took one. Three of the Indians were victims of run out.
Bangladesh then scaled the target with two balls to spare as a 93-run fourth wicket partnership between Rumana and Fargana Hoque proved to be the key.
Fargana top-scored with 52 in 46 deliveries while 'Player of the Match' Rumana hit 42 off 34 balls. Opener Shamima Sultana hit 33 off 23 balls with seven fours.
After three games, four teams India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh -- all have four points now, with Thailand next with two and Malaysia bottom with no points.
The top two will play the final on 10 June.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack