Bangladesh women beat India in T20 Asia Cup
Published : 06 Jun 2018, 17:23
An all-round performance from Rumana Ahmed helped Bangladesh seal a seven-wicket victory over India in the Women's Twenty20 Asia Cup at Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
India opted to bat first winning the toss, and made 141 for 7 thanks to skipper Harmanpreet Kaur's 42 and Deepti Sharma's 32.
Rumana was the most successful Bangladesh bowler, claiming three for 21 while Salma Khatun took one. Three of the Indians were victims of run out.
Bangladesh then scaled the target with two balls to spare as a 93-run fourth wicket partnership between Rumana and Fargana Hoque proved to be the key.
Fargana top-scored with 52 in 46 deliveries while 'Player of the Match' Rumana hit 42 off 34 balls. Opener Shamima Sultana hit 33 off 23 balls with seven fours.
After three games, four teams India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh -- all have four points now, with Thailand next with two and Malaysia bottom with no points.
The top two will play the final on 10 June.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM