Bangladesh pick up third win against Thailand in Women’s Asia Cup T20
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 13:31
Following their victories against Pakistan and India earlier in the tournament, Bangladesh Women’s team picked up their third consecutive win in the T20 Asia Cup as they beat Thailand by 9 wickets.
Asked to bat first, Thailand managed to reach 60/8 following an all-round bowling performance from the Tigresses, who had all their bowlers picking up at least one wicket. Salma Khatun and Nahida Akhter were the pick of the bowlers, bagging two wickets each.
Thailand started poorly, losing seven wickets for 39 runs. Only three players managed to reach double figures as Nattaya Boochatham’s 15, captain Sornnarin Tippoch’s 13 and a 17-ball 14 from Sirintra Saengsakaorat late in the innings helped Thailand bat their 20 overs.
The chase was clinical, finished off in just 11 overs without much fuss. Opener Ayasha Rahman and No. three batsaman NIgar Sultana both scored 25 runs from 28 deliveries to seal the win.
Bangladesh are currently top of the points table with six points from four matches. Tigresses will play their final match against Malaysia on Saturday.
Thailand: 60/8 in 20 overs (Boochatham 15, Salma 2/6, Nahida 2/10)
Bangladesh: 62/1 in 11.1 overs (Ayasha 25*, Nigar 25*)
- Most viewed
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan