Bangladesh beat India to win Women’s T20 Asia Cup
Published : 10 Jun 2018, 16:11
Bangladesh clinched the maiden title of Women’s T20 Asia Cup defeating six-time champion India by three wickets at the Kinara Academy Oval in Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.
Tigresses secured the win in a last ball thriller on a chase of 113 runs and Jahanara Alam polished the required two runs in the last balls of the final game to materialise the dream come true.
Bangladesh skipper Salma Sultana won the toss and elected to send India in to bat. India looked unsteady at the crease and they lost wickets regularly.
India skipper Harampreet Kaur struck a dazziling half-century to take India to a defensible total of 112. She scored a 41-ball 56.
Rumana Ahmed and Khadija Tul Kubra were the best of the Bangladeshi bowlers, taking 2-22 and 2-23 respectively.
Replying to Indians post of 112 for 9 in 20 overs, Bangladesh shored their win for seven wickets in 20 overs.
Player of the match Rumana Ahmed showed all-round performance scoring 23 off 22 balls, including a boundary, with bat after capturing 2/22 in four overs with ball.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’