Bangladesh beat India to win Women’s T20 Asia Cup
Published : 10 Jun 2018, 16:11
Bangladesh clinched the maiden title of Women’s T20 Asia Cup defeating six-time champion India by three wickets at the Kinara Academy Oval in Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.
Tigresses secured the win in a last ball thriller on a chase of 113 runs and Jahanara Alam polished the required two runs in the last balls of the final game to materialise the dream come true.
Bangladesh skipper Salma Sultana won the toss and elected to send India in to bat. India looked unsteady at the crease and they lost wickets regularly.
India skipper Harampreet Kaur struck a dazziling half-century to take India to a defensible total of 112. She scored a 41-ball 56.
Rumana Ahmed and Khadija Tul Kubra were the best of the Bangladeshi bowlers, taking 2-22 and 2-23 respectively.
Replying to Indians post of 112 for 9 in 20 overs, Bangladesh shored their win for seven wickets in 20 overs.
Player of the match Rumana Ahmed showed all-round performance scoring 23 off 22 balls, including a boundary, with bat after capturing 2/22 in four overs with ball.
- Most viewed
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan