Bangladesh beat India to win Women’s T20 Asia Cup
Published : 10 Jun 2018, 16:11
Bangladesh clinched the maiden title of Women’s T20 Asia Cup defeating six-time champion India by three wickets at the Kinara Academy Oval in Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.
Tigresses secured the win in a last ball thriller on a chase of 113 runs and Jahanara Alam polished the required two runs in the last balls of the final game to materialise the dream come true.
Bangladesh skipper Salma Sultana won the toss and elected to send India in to bat. India looked unsteady at the crease and they lost wickets regularly.
India skipper Harampreet Kaur struck a dazziling half-century to take India to a defensible total of 112. She scored a 41-ball 56.
Rumana Ahmed and Khadija Tul Kubra were the best of the Bangladeshi bowlers, taking 2-22 and 2-23 respectively.
Replying to Indians post of 112 for 9 in 20 overs, Bangladesh shored their win for seven wickets in 20 overs.
Player of the match Rumana Ahmed showed all-round performance scoring 23 off 22 balls, including a boundary, with bat after capturing 2/22 in four overs with ball.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu