Bangladesh beat India to win Women’s T20 Asia Cup
Published : 10 Jun 2018, 16:11
Bangladesh clinched the maiden title of Women’s T20 Asia Cup defeating six-time champion India by three wickets at the Kinara Academy Oval in Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.
Tigresses secured the win in a last ball thriller on a chase of 113 runs and Jahanara Alam polished the required two runs in the last balls of the final game to materialise the dream come true.
Bangladesh skipper Salma Sultana won the toss and elected to send India in to bat. India looked unsteady at the crease and they lost wickets regularly.
India skipper Harampreet Kaur struck a dazziling half-century to take India to a defensible total of 112. She scored a 41-ball 56.
Rumana Ahmed and Khadija Tul Kubra were the best of the Bangladeshi bowlers, taking 2-22 and 2-23 respectively.
Replying to Indians post of 112 for 9 in 20 overs, Bangladesh shored their win for seven wickets in 20 overs.
Player of the match Rumana Ahmed showed all-round performance scoring 23 off 22 balls, including a boundary, with bat after capturing 2/22 in four overs with ball.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today