Tigresses seal victory against Ireland in first T20I
Published : 29 Jun 2018, 16:13
Tigresses defeated Ireland Women by 4 wickets in a thrilling T20 match in Dublin and Jahanara Alam became the first Bangladeshi woman to claim a five-wicket haul in international cricket.
Jahanara starred the show as she took 5 wickets for 28 runs from four overs, a marvelous performance that restricted the hosts to 135 for 6 in the first of three T20Is on this tour.
Jahanara started her day taking a wicket off the third ball she bowled: opener Clare Shillington lbw swinging across the line. The same tactic worked for Cecelia Joyce as well and Ireland were 15 for 2 in the third over. With the early damage done, Bangladesh went to their spinners to keep things in check during the middle overs, but Jahanara returned in the death to create more chaos. She had Kim Garth caught behind, Eimear Richardson taken at mid-off and wrecked Isobel Joyce's stumps with a yorker to complete her five-wicket haul.
Bangladesh had to get the runs the hard way - they needed every last ball of their 20 overs - but Nigar Sultana (46) and Fahima Khatun (26*) got the job done.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today