U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
Published : 16 Aug 2018, 12:02
Reigning champions Bangladesh will take on hosts Bhutan in the semifinals of the SAFF U-15 Women's Championship at the Changlimithang Stadium in Thimphu today.
The match will get underway at 7:00pm (BST) after India take on Nepal in the first semifinal at the same venue.
The Bangladeshi girls, the beacon of the country's football over the past few years, underscored their credentials at this level with dominant wins over Pakistan and Nepal in the group stages, scoring 17 goals and conceding none.
When the teams last met, in the previous edition of this competition, Bangladesh handed Bhutan a 3-0 defeat. However, the hosts' improvement was evident in a 6-0 win over Sri Lanka in the group stages this time around. They also suffered a 1-0 defeat to India, considered to be Bangladesh's only real threat in the tournament.
With the comforts of home firmly on their side, Bhutan will look to take the fight to Bangladesh as they did against India while the girls in red and green will hope their pedigree at this level, combined with their electric run of form, will see them through to a second successive final.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor