1 More Arrested For Spreading Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health
Published : 16 Oct 2016, 16:40
One more person was today arrested for allegedly spreading rumours on Tamil Nadu's Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's health on social media.
With the latest arrest, the total number of taken into custody in Tamil Nadu in this regard has gone up to seven and cases booked so far has reached 50.
A Antony Jesuraj, a 24-year old man from Tuticorin district, was arrested for allegedly posting rumours on the social media on Jayalalithaa's health.
"We had served him a notice. After a thorough enquiry, we arrested him," a police officer said.
The arrest follows a complaint from S Chandru, a functionary of ruling AIADMK's IT Wing and came after the cyber crime wing analysed the contents posted by Mr Jesuraj.
So far, a total of 50 cases have been registered in connection with posting false rumours in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp.
Efforts are on to remove such content and apprehend the culprits, he said.
Source: daily sun
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu