1 More Arrested For Spreading Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health
Published : 16 Oct 2016, 16:40
One more person was today arrested for allegedly spreading rumours on Tamil Nadu's Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's health on social media.
With the latest arrest, the total number of taken into custody in Tamil Nadu in this regard has gone up to seven and cases booked so far has reached 50.
A Antony Jesuraj, a 24-year old man from Tuticorin district, was arrested for allegedly posting rumours on the social media on Jayalalithaa's health.
"We had served him a notice. After a thorough enquiry, we arrested him," a police officer said.
The arrest follows a complaint from S Chandru, a functionary of ruling AIADMK's IT Wing and came after the cyber crime wing analysed the contents posted by Mr Jesuraj.
So far, a total of 50 cases have been registered in connection with posting false rumours in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp.
Efforts are on to remove such content and apprehend the culprits, he said.
Source: daily sun
- Most viewed
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- Angelina Jolie admits to ‘hardest time’ after separation
- Man, daughter-in-law sentenced to life term in Laxmipur rape case
- People to bring AL back to power: PM
- 27 June Deaths
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Sherpur rapist father sentenced to 30 yrs jail
- 21 July Events
- Kaur leads India into final
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed