1 More Arrested For Spreading Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health
Published : 16 Oct 2016, 16:40
One more person was today arrested for allegedly spreading rumours on Tamil Nadu's Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's health on social media.
With the latest arrest, the total number of taken into custody in Tamil Nadu in this regard has gone up to seven and cases booked so far has reached 50.
A Antony Jesuraj, a 24-year old man from Tuticorin district, was arrested for allegedly posting rumours on the social media on Jayalalithaa's health.
"We had served him a notice. After a thorough enquiry, we arrested him," a police officer said.
The arrest follows a complaint from S Chandru, a functionary of ruling AIADMK's IT Wing and came after the cyber crime wing analysed the contents posted by Mr Jesuraj.
So far, a total of 50 cases have been registered in connection with posting false rumours in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp.
Efforts are on to remove such content and apprehend the culprits, he said.
Source: daily sun
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack