1 More Arrested For Spreading Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health
Published : 16 Oct 2016, 16:40
One more person was today arrested for allegedly spreading rumours on Tamil Nadu's Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's health on social media.
With the latest arrest, the total number of taken into custody in Tamil Nadu in this regard has gone up to seven and cases booked so far has reached 50.
A Antony Jesuraj, a 24-year old man from Tuticorin district, was arrested for allegedly posting rumours on the social media on Jayalalithaa's health.
"We had served him a notice. After a thorough enquiry, we arrested him," a police officer said.
The arrest follows a complaint from S Chandru, a functionary of ruling AIADMK's IT Wing and came after the cyber crime wing analysed the contents posted by Mr Jesuraj.
So far, a total of 50 cases have been registered in connection with posting false rumours in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp.
Efforts are on to remove such content and apprehend the culprits, he said.
Source: daily sun
- Most viewed
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Day labourer turns successful retailer
- Benefits of different teas
- Taylor Swift keeping Joe Alwyn romance 'private'
- JICA will never stop cooperation with Bangladesh: JICA chief
- Statue of Greek goddess on SC premises being taken down
- 26 May Events
- 26 May Births
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong