1 More Arrested For Spreading Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health
Published : 16 Oct 2016, 16:40
One more person was today arrested for allegedly spreading rumours on Tamil Nadu's Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's health on social media.
With the latest arrest, the total number of taken into custody in Tamil Nadu in this regard has gone up to seven and cases booked so far has reached 50.
A Antony Jesuraj, a 24-year old man from Tuticorin district, was arrested for allegedly posting rumours on the social media on Jayalalithaa's health.
"We had served him a notice. After a thorough enquiry, we arrested him," a police officer said.
The arrest follows a complaint from S Chandru, a functionary of ruling AIADMK's IT Wing and came after the cyber crime wing analysed the contents posted by Mr Jesuraj.
So far, a total of 50 cases have been registered in connection with posting false rumours in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp.
Efforts are on to remove such content and apprehend the culprits, he said.
Source: daily sun
- Most viewed
- Coffee has more power than you ever thought: 3 cups a day helps you live longer
- Spend too much time on social media? It can cause tension in your real life relationships
- PM opens, lays foundation stones of 33 schemes in Rajshahi
- Shah Rukh met Canadian PM Trudeau, family
- PM asks army to uphold democracy, constitution
- Khaleda’s appeal accepted, bail hearing Sunday
- India should not be worried: PM
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 'Actors also use their sexuality to get things done'
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak