Five dead, seven trapped after coal mine caving in central China
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:04
At least five people have been confirmed dead and seven others still trapped after a coal mine caving occurred Wednesday evening in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province.
The caving occurred at 9 p.m. Wednesday when workers of the Dengfeng-based Xingyu Coal Mining Co. Ltd. were expanding a pipe way in a colliery, causing gas outburst, according to local safety watchdog.
Among the five deaths, three were rescuers. The rescue work is continuing.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Births