Five dead, seven trapped after coal mine caving in central China
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:04
At least five people have been confirmed dead and seven others still trapped after a coal mine caving occurred Wednesday evening in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province.
The caving occurred at 9 p.m. Wednesday when workers of the Dengfeng-based Xingyu Coal Mining Co. Ltd. were expanding a pipe way in a colliery, causing gas outburst, according to local safety watchdog.
Among the five deaths, three were rescuers. The rescue work is continuing.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests