Five dead, seven trapped after coal mine caving in central China
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:04
At least five people have been confirmed dead and seven others still trapped after a coal mine caving occurred Wednesday evening in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province.
The caving occurred at 9 p.m. Wednesday when workers of the Dengfeng-based Xingyu Coal Mining Co. Ltd. were expanding a pipe way in a colliery, causing gas outburst, according to local safety watchdog.
Among the five deaths, three were rescuers. The rescue work is continuing.
- Most viewed
- Female teacher engaged in sex with student in plane toilet
- What essential qualities make for a happy, long-term relationship? We find out
- 8 reasons why momos are dangerous for you
- Woman crushed under train in Chapainawabganj
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- 22 July Deaths
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- People to bring AL back to power: PM
- Man, daughter-in-law sentenced to life term in Laxmipur rape case
- Angelina Jolie admits to ‘hardest time’ after separation
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed