Five dead, seven trapped after coal mine caving in central China
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:04
At least five people have been confirmed dead and seven others still trapped after a coal mine caving occurred Wednesday evening in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province.
The caving occurred at 9 p.m. Wednesday when workers of the Dengfeng-based Xingyu Coal Mining Co. Ltd. were expanding a pipe way in a colliery, causing gas outburst, according to local safety watchdog.
Among the five deaths, three were rescuers. The rescue work is continuing.
- Most viewed
- People suffer for countrywide transport strike
- HC halts gas price hike for 6 months
- SpaceX to send two tourists around Moon in 2018
- Reasons of post-pregnancy weight gain
- Humans spark most US wildfires: study
- 8 Dead, 30 Injured After Bus Plunges Into Canal In Andhra Pradesh
- 5 JMB men given death penalty for killing Kunio Hoshi
- 28 February Deaths
- 28 February Births
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident