Atheist Hacked To Death In Coimbatore, Cops Say 6 Involved In Conspiracy
Published : 20 Mar 2017, 17:53
A man was hacked to death in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore after he turned atheist and posted his rationalist views on Facebook. While two of his alleged assailants surrendered, the police say they suspect six people were involved in the conspiracy.
Farook a 31-year-old trader who joined the non-political rationalist organisation Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam - was hacked to death on the night of March 16. The police said he had shared his rationalist views on social media and WhatsApp, writing against God and religion.
One Ansrath had surrendered before a magistrate the next day, confessing to the murder. Another man, Saddam Hussain, surrendered today. The police say they both belong to his close circle of friends. The police have formed four teams to catch the others involved.
Today, around 70 activists of political parties and outfits were arrested when they tried to stage a demonstration, demanding the arrest of the people involved in his murder. All the activists were released later, the police said.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests