Atheist Hacked To Death In Coimbatore, Cops Say 6 Involved In Conspiracy
Published : 20 Mar 2017, 17:53
A man was hacked to death in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore after he turned atheist and posted his rationalist views on Facebook. While two of his alleged assailants surrendered, the police say they suspect six people were involved in the conspiracy.
Farook a 31-year-old trader who joined the non-political rationalist organisation Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam - was hacked to death on the night of March 16. The police said he had shared his rationalist views on social media and WhatsApp, writing against God and religion.
One Ansrath had surrendered before a magistrate the next day, confessing to the murder. Another man, Saddam Hussain, surrendered today. The police say they both belong to his close circle of friends. The police have formed four teams to catch the others involved.
Today, around 70 activists of political parties and outfits were arrested when they tried to stage a demonstration, demanding the arrest of the people involved in his murder. All the activists were released later, the police said.
- Most viewed
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation