Atheist Hacked To Death In Coimbatore, Cops Say 6 Involved In Conspiracy
Published : 20 Mar 2017, 17:53
A man was hacked to death in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore after he turned atheist and posted his rationalist views on Facebook. While two of his alleged assailants surrendered, the police say they suspect six people were involved in the conspiracy.
Farook a 31-year-old trader who joined the non-political rationalist organisation Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam - was hacked to death on the night of March 16. The police said he had shared his rationalist views on social media and WhatsApp, writing against God and religion.
One Ansrath had surrendered before a magistrate the next day, confessing to the murder. Another man, Saddam Hussain, surrendered today. The police say they both belong to his close circle of friends. The police have formed four teams to catch the others involved.
Today, around 70 activists of political parties and outfits were arrested when they tried to stage a demonstration, demanding the arrest of the people involved in his murder. All the activists were released later, the police said.
- Most viewed
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Man gets death penalty for killing wife
- Rape accused killed in Cox’s Bazar gunfight
- 5-point proposal could resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- 17 October Deaths
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Jolie, Paltrow were Weinstein’s victim, too
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Why Sunny Leone comes to Bollywood from porn industry?
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade