Bangladesh mission in Delhi celebrates Pahela Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 00:07
Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi today celebrated the Pahela Baishakh with various cultural programmes.
Welcoming the Bengali New year, Bangladesh High Commissioner in New Delhi Syed Muazzem Ali said Pahela Baishakh comes with a message of "hope and optimism" for a better tomorrow.
"For centuries this has been a day of rejuvenation both for the people and the landscape of Bengal," he said.
Many Indian friends of Bangladesh, members of the Bengali community and officials of the High Commission and their families were gathered at Maitree Hall to welcome the New year, according to a Bangladesh High Commission release received here tonight.
Bangla poetry recitation and array of Tagore, Nazrul, Lalon and folk songs were presented by officials of the High Commission and a group of popular artists.
The programme was rounded off with a Bangla dinner of khichri, ruhi maach bhaja, begun bhaja and murighonto. Following deference advice of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, hilsa was not served in the festival.
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation